This website is run by Selby District Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use the website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Translating our website into other languages
Popular web browsers include the option to translate web pages by default when they detect that the website language is different to the language installed on the computer, tablet or smartphone. When browsers do not offer to automatically translate, plug-ins are often available to help you do this.
- Google Chrome should offer to translate pages automatically
- Internet Explorer can translate pages with the Google toolbar extension
- Edge can translate pages with an extension from the Microsoft store
- Safari on MacOS can translate pages with an extension available on the Safari extensions website
- Safari on iOS can translate pages with an extension from the App store
- Firefox can translate pages with various extensions
How accessible is this website?
This website is fully compliant with Web contact accessibility guidelines version 2.1.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format, for example an accessible PDF, large print, easy read audio recording or braille, email: [email protected] or call 01757 705101.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
If you can’t find us from the contact us page, then please call us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact [email protected].
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone of visiting us in person
Our civic centre and customer contact centre offices have audio induction loops.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Selby District Council is committed to making this website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is compliant with the Web Contact Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1.
How we tested this website
This website was created in autumn 2019, in accordance with the latest accessibility guidelines.
Date of statement
This statement was prepared on 7 October 2019.